Saturday, January 9, 2016

Level Up Lacquer ~ Star Wars Collection

 Happy Saturday!! Today I have for you a rebranded indie polish. Level Up Lacquer used to be Daring Digits! The owner, Ash, specializes in nerdy type polish and extras. For this post I will be showing you 4 out of 5 polishes from the Star Wars collection. I received this and another collection to swatch and was super happy to see that she sent me all full sized bottles! Thanks so much Ash <3 Turns out I needed it lol. I had them almost all swatched but for Christmas I got a new Ottlite! I was so excited so I asked Ash if she minded that I start over with a better light. Thankfully she didn't give me a time constraint because I swatched and tried different lighting setups for over a week before I was happy enough with the outcome. And even now I know it could use improvements! Sorry for the long intro but its my blog right! This is how we connect and build a rapport! So, Polish!!!! This collection has a little of everything; jelly, crelly, holo, and glitter!

 Lets check out The Dark Side first. This polish is a black jelly filled with black and red holographic glitters and an awesome purple shimmer. For me the shimmer even showed goldish green in some light. I could not get over the amount of holo in this polish. It was near impossible to get a picture that showed the glitters without a rainbow. The formula on this, and all of the polishes, is perfect. It applied itself! I used 3 coats and Glisten & Glow HKGirl top coat. It layered beautifully and the glitters didn't clump or drag at all. So much depth!

 
 
Bottle macro.
 
Next is Artoo. This is a white crelly with blue hexes and squares and silver holo circle glitters. It also has a fine holo dust in it. No glitter fishing at all. A super smooth formula that was opaque in 3 thin coats with top coat.


Bottle macro.
 
BB-8 is a glitter topper in a clear base. It has tiny white glitters, orange and silver hexes, and white squares. The orange glitters are holo and it gives such an awesome spark to the polish. I didn't have to fish for glitter but I do suggest leaving the bottle upside down while getting your base color on. I used an un named Bonita polish for my base with one smooth coat of BB-8. All topped with my HKGirl.
* I did use 2 coats on my ring and pinky fingers just to show the build up!


Bottle macro.
 
I saved my favorite for last! This is Captain Phasma, a grey linear holo polish with a gold shimmer. The shop description does not say gold shimmer but it totally looks like there is! This has the most perfect formula. It built up nicely in 3 thin coats. Top coated with HKGirl. Seriously love this so much. Cant wait to use it as a base for some stamping!
 


Bottle macro.
 
Overall, I am so much more than happy with all of these polishes and just the whole brand! Ash also has Star Wars water decals in her shop that range from $4-5! Each of these polishes are $9.25 Or you can get the full 5 piece set for $43.75! Make sure you get yours! Links below!!
 
 
Level Up Lacquer:: Shop:: Instagram:: Facebook:: Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment