Friday, May 8, 2015

Vixen Lacquers ~ Summer EDM Collection

Yay!! We made it!! Last post for me, for now lol. This time though I have a new to me indie brand. Liz from Vixen Lacquers contacted me about 2 weeks ago about swatching her summer collection based on electronic dance music. This is especially huge this summer! Which is great for me because neon is my favorite color. However, I know nothing about nothing EDM. I myself, am a (heavy) metal head lol. What I do know about is polish! We definitely have some good ones here. Check them out! First up is Rave Bra. This is an awesome glitter topper with a clear scattered holo base. There are fuchsia circles, pink holo circles, and pink holo squares. This is so blingy! I did have to fish and swirl a little to get the glitters on the brush. You know how I feel about heavy glitters. Sinking happens and its really not a deal breaker! I don't mind at all and if you do you can just put your bottle upside down for a few minutes before polishing. This works with any polish that has big glitters! I used 1 coat, plus some glitter placement, over OPI Infinite Shine To Infinity and Blue-yond. I love the contrast of colors!! I used 1 generous coat of top coat to smooth out the circles.


 
 
The next one is called From Dusk Til Dawn. This is also a glitter topper with the same scattered holo base. It has tiny metallic and holo blue glitters and slightly larger gold hexes. This polish totally reminds me of the beach! I love it so much! For this swatch I used 1 smooth coat over MTLCreations When Lilacs Blossom. The glitters all laid flat and were totally smoothed out with 1 thin coat of top coat.



 
 
P.L.U.R is a bright white crème polish with a mix of pastel glitters. You may be surprised to know that I DO know what that means! Mostly because everyone should follow it anyways! Peace Love Unity & Respect.  This polish was a little on the thick side so I added a few drops of polish thinner and all was well! I really love how bright white the base is. That being said I am not really sure its the right base for the glitter used. The white was just so opaque that it totally ate up the glitters. I used 3 thin coats for this swatch but maybe 1 coat over a white base would have been better. Other than that this polish is great! Its only a preference issue really so if you like very slight glitter nails this would be great for you :)




This is with matte top coat

macro with matte top coat

This one I love. Under The Electric Sky 2.0 is a black base that's a little sheer but builds beautifully. It has holo squares and a mix of tiny and micro holo glitters! This one being on the sheer side helps the glitters "swim" on the nail! 3 thin perfect coats with a top coat!





 This polish right here, Neon Lights, just jumped to somewhere in my top 5 favorite polishes ever! EVER!!! Its a perfectly squishy jelly polish. The color is just amazing!! I used 4 thin coats for this swatch with top coat. What??? 4???? I know I know. It only needed 2 good coats really. But with the neon yellow glitter that gets greener with each extra coat, I could not help myself! Best part, It dries faster than your average jelly polish! so 4 thin coats really wasn't a big deal at all. LOOK AT ALL THAT DEPTH!!!!! I NEED THIS BABY IN A FULL SIZE!! I can't wait to try it over white! Aahhhhh, so excited lol!



with matte topcoat
 
 
Liz did a wonderful job with these polishes and I can't wait to see what else she does in the future! Do you own any Vixen Lacquers? If so let me know which ones in the comments. If not, What are you waiting for??
 
 
 
Vixen Lacquers: Shop::Instagram::Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment