Monday, February 29, 2016

Deborah Lippmann vs. Sally Hansen

          Good morning! Its Monday... Let's brighten it up with some glitter! This past Wednesday I got a package in the mail from a great friend I met on IG. I had mentioned that I needed to get Starry Starry Night from Essie and she immediately said here have mine!! Along with SSN she also sent me my very first Deborah Lippmann polish, Across The Universe. They are some pricey polishes so this was a super sweet thing to do! Thanks Jamee :) I have owned Mermaid's Tale from Sally Hansen for quite a while and never used it. I figured now that I have the expensive version let's compare!

          Let's start with the formula. MT was thicker while ATU was very thin but silky. Honestly, I prefer the Sally Hansen formula. It just isn't as easy to work with a thin formula. It runs and floods the cuticles. The glitter to base ratio was exact to me. Same glitters, same colors, same sizes. The weird thing I did notice, ATU glitters were shinier. I checked in all sorts of light but it was always flashier. Maybe the base is a little clearer idk. Here are the pics!


Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe

Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe macro

Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale

Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale macro

Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale on pinky and middle finger.
Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe on my ring and index fingers.


Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale on pinky and middle finger.
Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe on my ring and index fingers with Pure Ice matte top coat.
 
 
If I didn't label it would you be able to tell the difference? Let me know down below! Have a good day!




          

No comments:

Post a Comment