Saturday, June 6, 2015

Formula X ~ Infinite Ombre

Hello!! I hope everyone had/is having a wonderful Saturday! Gorgeous weather here in CT :) And what am I doing you ask?! I am sitting here bringing you a nifty new Formula X Infinite Ombre nail kit! This kit was provided  for free from PreenMe and Sephora to test and create new looks with. Per the norm, I have swatches first! I was really excited to try this new trend in polish! These are supposed to be the more pigmented version of sheer jellys. The kit comes with 4 colors and a silver base called Platinum Prime. I do not have swatches of Platinum Prime because it was just your average silver metallic polish. If you would like to see a swatch just let me know in the comments and I will add it for you :) The other four polishes were all the same amazing jelly formula. It was a step above a jelly though. Like a jelly+ polish lol. For each polish I did one finger that did not use the base. Either way I loved most of them. Have a look!

Infinite Indigo is an deep inky blue that leans slightly purple in real life. This is 2 coats over Platinum Prime on all but my index finger, all with a glossy top coat. The top coat was strictly for drying purposes because these have a wet shine look on their own!! The index finger looks almost blackened without the shine of the silver base. Love it both ways equally!


 Timeless Teal is a deep teal that looks almost like an emerald color in real life (ya know, cuz this is a dream lol!). This looks pretty streaky in pics but it didn't to my eyes! This is 2 coats over Platinum Prime on all but my ring finger. That is 2 coats alone. All with a glossy top coat. Beautiful color!


Boundless Berry is a sexy bold red. I kept oohing and ahhing with every brush stroke! This one is a little more sheer than the first 2 because of its lighter color. I used 2 coats over Platinum Prime on all but my middle finger. That is 2 coats alone. All with a glossy top coat. I think this may be my favorite. So classic!


Limitless Lemon is my least favorite. Just not a huge fan of yellow unless its highlighter yellow or pastel yellow. This will be great for blending though. 2 coats over Platinum Prime on all but my pinky. That is 2 coats alone all with glossy top coat. Over the Platinum Prime it is a bright yellow. On its own it is very yolky looking. Like over easy egg yolk.

 
Overall, I love these! I can't wait to play with these after my chores tonight! That's right! I am 30 and I still call housework chores lol! Which one is your favorite? Let me know in the comments!!
 
 
Hi! I am here to add on some recent looks I created using these polishes! I will be getting a new tripod next week so videos to come for all the looks I will be adding!
WATERMARBLE! They work wonderfully for watermarbling!


 
 
Next we have some advanced/reverse stamping. This is always fun with a beautiful outcome... but super time consuming. For me anyways. I don't have steady hands at all!

 
 
The last 2 looks used all of the colors over a solid base of Platinum Prime. This next look uses only Limitless Lemon and Boundless Berry in a gradient over a stamped design using Platinum Prime over my bare nail. I really loved the look of this one!

 
 
 
Which look is your favorite and what would you like to see in a video?

No comments:

Post a Comment